Wednesday, August 22, 2012

New Semester...

This semester I am teaching Administrative Law and the Law & Economics Seminar at my institution (South Texas College of Law) - two courses I really enjoy.  I'm a little disappointed that the enrollment is so high - I have 81 students in Administrative Law, and I'm fairly certain there are not that many students interested in the subject (lack of interest from a large portion of the students makes teaching the course more difficult). I've noticed an inverse correlation of class discussion to the size of the class - we had active class discussions  last summer in my Administrative Law course, which had about 15 students, but so far this semester (two weeks in) most of the students sit in stone silence while I prattle on about the nondelegation doctrine and such.

I am also teaching Administrative Law at the University of Houston Law Center, but classes don't start there until next week.

For students wanting to find me in my office this semester, Tuesdays and Thursdays are the best days, especially late mornings and early afternoons.  Mondays and Wednesdays are less predictable - I don't have classes on those days, so I often write in my office at home instead of my office at school.